From April 1 to May 21, the area around Hangang Park will be blooming with a variety of flowers during the Hangang River Spring Flower Festival. The festival will be divided into different events at blooming areas along the riverside.
The festivals will be taking place in a relay style, passing the baton along based on the blooming period. The six themes in order are forsythia, cherry blossom, honeybee forest, canola field, wild white rose, and rose.
– Forsythia: View the Hangang River from Eungbongsan Forsythia Festival (March 31 – April 2)
– Cherry Blossom: King cherry blossoms decorate Yeouiseo-ro at Yeouido Spring Blossom Festival (April 1-9)
– Honeybee Forest: Enjoy a spring picnic at the 20,000㎡ Jamwon Hangang Park’s Honeybee Forest
– Canola Field: Seoraeseom Canola Festival takes place on Seoraeseom Island in Banpo Hangang Park (May 13-15)
– Wild White Rose: Beautiful blossoms at Gangseo and Godeokamsa Eco-park, Hangang Wild Rose Festival (Mid-May (planned))
– Rose: Romantic blossoms at Ttukseom & Yanghwa Hangang Park’s Rose Garden and brand-new Rose Tunnels of Yeouido & Mangwon areas
Visitors to the spring blossom festival will also be able to enjoy a multitude of cultural arts events. Approximately 160 teams will be spaced throughout the Hangang Parks, creating a Hangang Arts Street, with performances both large and small.
Hangang River Spring Flower Festival
Period: April 1 – May 21, 2017
Major festivals (venues & directions)
* Eungbongsan Forsythia Festival (Eungbongsan Palgakjeong Pavilion): Geumho Station (Seoul Subway Line 3), Exit 1. Take Maeul Bus Seongdong08 to Jeil Methodist Church Bus Stop. Walk approx. 300m
* Yeouido Spring Blossom Festival (Area of Yeouiseo-ro (behind the National Assembly Building)): Yeouinaru Station (Seoul Subway Line 5), Exit 2. Walk along Yeouiseo-ro / National Assembly Station (Seoul Subway Line 9), Exit 1. Walk to Seogangdaegyo Namdan Intersection and then along Yeouiseo-ro
* Hangang Seorae Canola Festival (Seoraeseom Island): Express Bus Terminal Station (Seoul Subway Line 3, 7, 9), Exit 8-1. Walk to Banpodaegyo Rainbow Fountain, and then 1.5km to the island.
Website: hangang.seoul.go.kr (Korean only)